Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another Year Beginning to Close...

Mid-October... yikes.

Tonnes of chores got done this weekend and I wrapped up at 1:00 with the urge to ride.  Got a text from a friend while I was working off the list but their plans were made so I went on a spur of the moment shot up around Lake Wenatchee and off to the summit of Stevens Pass on Hwy 2.

Traffic sucked, 'nuff said.

Colours rocked!!!
I love the colours up the Tumwater this time of year, coming down the canyon against the overwhelming stream of oncoming traffic kept my attention more to road than the usual relaxed pace, but pulling over enough gave me windows to the change of season that was good for the soul.
One of the things I noticed most was the spawning of Salmon all the way up the river... there was standing room only in some areas and those people that think there are not enough fish making it up and dams need to go, need another look.. and they can do it by candlelight if I had my way.



Worth every moment...

I have an upgrade lined up this Winter that will keep Mistress down for 6 weeks as I have procured replacement shocks with only 10,000 miles on them (gotta love eBay) and ordered in new HyperPro Progressive load springs that I intend to replace on my used "new" shocks (my current set have 90,000 miles on them) and rebuild the steering damper at the same time. My oil leak has resolved itself after tightening the pan bolts to spec so life is good and the upgraded suspension will keep the canyons interesting for another 90,000 miles.

Also, as I am always looking for improved riding gear, I think I have some new "under armor" in mind as Christmas comes into view (click HERE to see the vendor information on this piece of safety gear!).

No comments:

Post a Comment