Saturday, June 4, 2011

Omak Lake

For scouting out passible roads Google Maps is my best friend. I ride an LT, short for Luxury Touring, but because of the weight it is more commonly referred to as "Light Truck" not an R/GS type, which the GS refers to either Gelände/Straße (German: off-road/road) or Gelände Sport, take your pick.  Needless to say, pavement is where I stay, which makes it important to know you are paved all the way to your next destined intersection.


State Hwy 155 travels from Omak to Grand Coulee and is a nice highway, but there are several shortcuts on county and BIA roads that beg to be traveled once, From Hwy 97 at Okanogan, there are several ways to get to Omak Lake Road, and as you up on the Columbia River Road, I swear you will not be disappointed. Follow it all the way to Nespelem, then take any number of roads from there. The BIA road to Keller is really incredible my friend Karen said after taking my route and riding it before I could, the bum!  :D




Omak Lake West
Omak Lake Central
Omak Lake Wes

Nespelem Falls
Buddies bikes and one buddy because Bob won't let 
his picture be taken very often   :P








I rode with my friends Bob (Triumph Rocket) and Karen (BA Harley) and had a blast for 300 mi. and some change.  So much fun in fact, that I rode it the next day with Mrs. RedTigre.

No comments:

Post a Comment