Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Day Ride

So I began the lead up with some required scheduled maintenance that requires stripping off all the upper tupperware, removing the tank cage, emptying the tank of fuel and then removing the tank and inverting it, to pull the fuel pump assembly to get to the fuel filter, and while off to replace the air filter that can only be accessed with the fuel tank removed. Doing this myself saves $400 on parts and labor, so it's worth the time.  I was going to get a photo of it all off but by the time I thought of it I was putting it back together and  I'll be damned if I was going to take it apart again for pics!

So 6 hours later and some required replacement parts Mistress will use that require 3 separate trips downtown because Sod's law states that the 59¢ part requires 30 minutes travel and another 15 minutes explaining why the substitute part trying to be sold will not suffice in the grand scheme of BMW-hood. Geez, the world should be metric by now!








So all the assembly done, tested for leaks, ATGATT'd up (All The Gear All The Time) and down to the gas station to refill the tank fully and decided to take a New Years Day run to Orondo... 32 miles roundtrip at 19°f. Starting the year with 76,357 miles... we'll see where we end up on my Dec 31st post!











First ride of the new year and it... was... GREAT!

I need to ride, and Mistress is the connection I need...

2 comments:

  1. Dave, now that is the sign of a true rider! I had the Rocket out 12/31/10 and had the rear tire replaced so I'm ready for a ride anytime. Don't have the wind protection you do but I'm ready to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're game! I wore just the base liners that came with my newest gear and it was good, but not great... 60 miles comfortable tops at that temp. Where is my new helmet to test!!!

    ReplyDelete