Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Aunt, the 75th birthday, and the Beemer

Joan and I in Ephrata
Mrs. Redtigre and I went on a ride to Ephrata for my Aunt's 75th birthday surprise today, about 110 miles roundtrip in some "is it or isn't it going to rain" weather.  I think the end of riding season coming to a quick close had the Mrs. anxious for a last ride (for her) and a "I've only a few more weeks left myself" for me with a basement remodel destined to take up the next 10 weeks of foul weather (it had better be foul weather or I will be foul if the riding is still able to happen on weekends).

My Aunt Murriel and her children (my cousins)




So the trip was nice and I saw cousins that work and incidentals and riding have made my social life a complete "blah" in regards to seeing family that are getting old like I am (ha!), but the focus was seeing my Aunt Murriel and wishing her a happy birthday.  Murriel, Dad, and I went to Arkansas about 3 summers ago to visit the "home country" and see much of where they grew up as children.  It was a cherished trip, and I saw many of the same woods what my father and aunt did as they grew up in Arkansas as young children.





Murriel and I leaving...

As we were getting ready to leave, there was some chatter of getting a photo of Aunt Murriel on "Mistress", and talk became action as Murriel donned Joan's jacket, helmet, and gloves  and climbed aboard behind me. This was her first time on the back of motorcycle and off we went.

I think she liked it...  ;)

Murriel and I returning...






I hooked up the com between us and we talked as we shot out to highway 282 to give her a taste of the road at 65mph, curved around to the airport, and then looped back to the house where everyone was there to take pictures as we arrived back, surprised that "we thought you were only going up the street and back".

Please... since when is anything a "short" trip on a BMW?
Yep, I think she liked it!

It was an honor to have given her her first ride on a motorcycle EVER!


And it was a BMW... boy will she be disappointed on her second.  :D

Love you Murriel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment