Saturday, May 8, 2010

Home projects... ugh.

Some home projects simply take too long, sap too much energy, and get way too much in the way of riding.  I had a pool in the back yard, 16'X32' in ground vinyl, that was 30 years old, needed updating for code, and looked like a $10,000 chunk of change just to have to maintain it when it would be used very little from here out.  We like our house, have a great overlook view of the Enchantments and the greater Wenatchee Valley, and was not going to move yet over not wanting a pool... so what's a homeowner to do?


Fill it in...
So over the last 2 months of planning and prep, I then spent 26 hours with 1-10.lb sledge, 1-5ft railroad bar and 17.5 tons (8 tonnes for my metric friends) of broken cement later pitched into the bottom of my soon to be decommissioned pool. The fill guys finished last Tuesday, and the sod guys delivered yesterday at 11:30.


By 4:30 I had a lawn...
Now I can focus on riding like my other skive off from work friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment