Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Helmet Test

It's raining to beat the band and the window for testing has come.  Do I:

a. Go for a short 60 mile ride to Beebe Bridge and back?
b. Go for a short 60 mile ride to Quincy and back?
c. What does the combination of the words "short 60 miles"mean when the temperature is over 45°f?

If you chose "c", you ride a BMW.

ATGATT'd up, new helmet, and the Doppler radar says East looks most promising... East it is!

Helmet review:
Good if all the vents are closed!!!  Cooler weather made it a little more chilly but the airflow rocks! I am going to love this helmet in summer.  Not any noisier with the modular flip down than my HJC CL-13 full-face, but the air does move around more inside from the 9 vents even when closed (again, good in Summer, a Balaclava probably in Winter under 45°f). The ease of wrapping my shemagh  around and closing off the cold from my neck was superb!  The breath-box kept any fogging from happening, my face was never so warm and I called Joan on my iPhone connected to the Cardo scala rider G4 comm system with incredible clarity, pulled out talking as a test and it was impressive.

And the internal drop-down sun-shield kicks!










110 mile run today, brief rain in East Wenatchee, then sun and drying roads past Rock Island, past Quincy to Ephrata, then back down the 283 to George, back to Quincy and home.  53°f was the top temp today, 44°f the low.




















Mrs. RedTigre has got to get a helmet like this... I already have the matching comm set for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment