Monday, June 25, 2012

Ghost Town Adventure V

I headed into North Central Douglas County for my last run in this area and after leaving Waterville zig-zagged in my usual adventure fashion trying to find the abandoned oddity out there and ran across this prairie homestead in the gully of one of my intersecting roads somewhere around Roads J and 7 NW.
Area Travelled
Lamoine is still around on roads 8 and G NW, including the old school



Heading out of Lamoine I grabbed road F to 11 and then over to some buildings I saw in the distance on Road H.




There are a lot of old homesteads and granaries out here...

 North up to Road 15 NW and then east to Road D and up to what's left of Howard, WA.






From Howard it get's interesting as the roads may or may not continue through public access. I ran into more deer here in a 2 mile area than I have ever seen together in one place. A5 to 22.5NW to A NW led me to the town of Dyer.


Dyer is not much more than a few stray buildings as far as towns go, but there are many abandoned houses hanging around the area.






As I continued North on A NW I saw lava pillars form the volcanic activity that formed the area.

Shooting across 29.5 NW (what is it with the .5's?) I head East on Kropp Rd, Dezellem Hill Road, and begin winding my way down to the Chief Joseph Dam.

Once down to Hwy 17 South I continue South on Bridgeport Hill Rd to Hwy 172 and another abandoned home.

Cemeteries pop up when you least expect them...
The Kumar Cemetery is just a few miles NE of Waterville as I head back into town there and get ready for the fun run down Pine Canyon (Hwy 2) and home to Wenatchee.

No comments:

Post a Comment